Saturday, March 21, 2009

2009-03-21, U19, E

L&R Book B, Part 2

Unit: 19

Date: 98.3.21

中文名字:

English Name:

#

Vocabulary

中文翻譯

 

01

tie

領帶

(X) I bought a tie to my dad last year.

(O) I bought a tie for my dad last year.

(O) Last year, I bought my dad a tie.

02

delicious

美味的

 

03

surprise

驚喜

(O) Close your eyes. We have a surprise for you.

04

Taiwanese

台灣人

 

05

curious

好奇的

(O) Many people had a curious mind when they were children.

(O) Many people were curious when they were young.

06

tradition

傳統

 

07

catch

抓

(O) The police caught the man because he was drunk on the road.

(O) The police caught the man because he was a drunk driver.

08

criminal

罪犯

(O) The evil criminal is still in jail.

09

steal

偷

(O) The man stole the child’s toys.

10

suddenly

突然間

 

11

warn

警告

(X) I warn my dog that doesn’t enter the bathroom.

(O) I warned my dog not to enter the bathroom.

 

01

(O) I can’t decide which cookie to eat.

04

(O) I hope nothing bad happens during our trip.

08

(O) Don’t speed when you drive to work.

11

(O) Let’s walk slowly. I’m tired.

(O) Let’s walk slowly; I’m tired.


 Missing words: #4 Taiwanese; #10 taking



No comments: