Sunday, October 4, 2009

2009/10/03 Saturday—8:00~10:00 GEPT Intermediate 全民英檢中級入門班


1. Complete Unit #10 Celestial Splendor Of The Aurora Borealis (pages 46~50).
i) Listen to the MP3 file for this unit.
ii) Word-process each of the “listening” vocabulary on your electronic template as spelled out by Linda and the other male Chinese translator. Spell each of the words regardless if they are spelled once or twice.
iii) In your own words, word-process one sentence using each of the “listening” vocabulary contextually. As always, do not use a dictionary.
iv) E-mail (ii) + (iii) to winstontaiwan@gmail.com no later than 11:59 p.m. on 2009/10/08. Accordingly, any submissions received after the deadline will be filed in your digital portfolio but may not necessarily be corrected, analyzed or discussed.
v) While listening to the MP3 file, pay attention to Andrew and Cylinda’s conversation and keep in mind the following questions:
01. What color cat was bad luck?
02. What are usually associated with love?
03. Where is Alaska?
04. Where is the Eiffel Tower?
05. What animal is in Alaska?
vi) Complete and self-correct the Listening Comprehension Questions on page 47 with your MP3 file.
vii) Complete and self-correct the Communicative Interaction Exercises on pages 49~50 with your MP3 file.
2. Complete Lesson 9 in 504 Absolutely Essential Words. Bring your completed exercise to the next class on 2009/10/10. Click the link below to for a pronunciation drill of Lesson 9 word list:
+





+
3. Word-process a composition on any one topic that you selected in class on 2009/09/19: “family”, “friends”, “new life” or “new school”. If you submitted a composition on 2009/09/26 and/or on 2009/10/03, please write on a different topic selected from the four choices above. The composition will be a minimum of 200 words. E-mail your composition to winstontaiwan@gmail.com no later than 7:59 a.m. on 2009/10/10. Accordingly, any submissions received after the deadline will be filed in your digital portfolio but may not necessarily be corrected, analyzed or discussed.
4. Examine the hidden picture puzzle, Summer Vacation. Identify and color the 15 items embedded in the image. Bring your hidden picture puzzle to the class on 2009/10/10 to discuss your findings. Be prepared to describe the location of the objects using appropriate prepositional phrases.
+
+
+
Selected Submitted Assignments
+
+
L&S—D
Unit: 08
Date:
中文名字:
英文名字:
##
Vocabulary
中文翻譯
##
Vocabulary
中文翻譯
01
(X) vending
(O) vending machine
自動販賣機
02
(X) machine
(O) vending machine
機器
03
cockroach
蟑螂
04
tires
輪胎
05
shopper
顧客
06
actually
事實上
07
dance
跳舞
08
favorite
最喜愛的
09
onion
洋蔥
10
meat

11
cloth
布料
12
get rid of
擺脫
13
flavor
味道
14
(X) be reach
伸手可及
15
illness
病症
16
disease
疾病
17
infection
傳染
18
(X) fight
(O) fight off
戰鬥
19
brown
棕色
20
blonde
白膚金髮
Omitted word below:
03
nap








08
(O) What is your favorite color?
07
(O) My cousin likes to dance.
19
(X) The Asians are brown hair and yellow skin.
(O) Asians have brown hair and yellow skin.
(O) Asians are brown haired and yellow skinned.
13
(X) Here has a very smelly flavor.
(O) (This) (That) flavor has a strong (odor) (smell).
09
(X) We don’t eat onion.
(O) We don’t eat onions.
11
(O) There are many cloths over the garden.
(O) Many cloths are strewn all over the garden.
04
(X) The car’s tire is broke.
(O) The car’s tire is broken.
(O) The car tire is broken. – better
18
(X) I always fight we my sister.
(O) I always fight with my sister.
















+
+
L&S—D
Unit: 09
Date:
中文名字:
Name:
##
Vocabulary
中文翻譯
##
Vocabulary
中文翻譯
01
army
兵隊
02
bomb
炸彈
03
honest
誠實的
04
surfer
衝浪運動員
05
cool

06
wild
瘋狂
07
aim at
瞄準
08
stress
壓力
omitted words below:
03
teen


04
fifteen


06
picture


07
know how


08
surfing


10
rock star


14
change


17
grades


18
drugs


19
president


20
hammer


21
pencil


01
(O) He has to go to the army this year.
(O) He must go to the army this year.
(O) This year, he (is supposed to) (needs to) go (in) (to) (into) the army.
02
(O) They bombed the mountain to make a tunnel.
(O) In order to make a tunnel, they (exploded) (blasted) the mountain.
03
(X) To be honest to yourself; you know what did you do at that time.
(O) To be honest with yourself, you know what you did at that time.
04
(X) He wants to be a good surfer, when he grows up.
(O) He wants to be a good surfer when he grows up.
(O) When he grows up, he wants to be a good surfer.
05
(O) It’s a cool decision to visit Ken-ting now.
(O) Visiting Kenting now is a cool decision.
06
(X) His mother was wild with his bad score from the school.
(O) His mother went wild after hearing about his bad score (at) (from) school.
07
(X) For the little boys, they don’t like to aim at the toilet.
(O) Little boys do not like to aim at the toilet.
08
(X) Parents give a lot of stress to her for kids not having a good score at school.
(O) Parents give a lot of stress to their (kids) (children) for not having good scores at school.


















+
+
L&S—D
Unit: 09
Date:
中文名字:
英文名字:
##
Vocabulary
中文翻譯
##
Vocabulary
中文翻譯
01
army
軍人
02
bomb
炸彈
03
teen
十幾
04
fifteen
十五
05
honest
誠實
06
know how
技術
07
surfing
衝浪
08
surfer
衝浪者
09
picture
照片
10
(X) rock
(O) rock star
搖滾
11
(X) star
(O) rock star
明星;星星
12
cool

13
wild
狂放
14
aim at
瞄準
15
change
改變
16
classmate
同學
17
stress
重音
18
grades
成績;年級
19
drugs
毒品
20
president
總統
21
hammer
錘子
22
pencil
鉛筆
09
(O) I take a picture with my family.
(O) I took a picture with my family.
(O) I am taking a picture with my family.
15
(X) I want to change a new life.
(O) I want to change my life.
(O) I want a new life.
22
(O) May I borrow your pencil?
16
(O) I don’t like my classmate very much.
04
(O) I am really just fifteen years old.
(O) I am just fifteen years old.
(O) I am actually fifteen years old.
(O) Actually, I am (just) fifteen years old.
18
(O) I think I had a bad grade on this subject.
(O) I think I got a bad grade on this subject.
01
(O) There are many armies around the beach.
(O) There are many armies on the beach.
11
(O) There is my favorite movie star.
(O) Here is my favorite movie star.
















+
+
L&S—D
Unit: 09
Date:
中文名字:
Name:
##
Vocabulary
中文翻譯
##
Vocabulary
中文翻譯
01
army


02
fifteen


03
honest


04
picture


05
change


06
surfer


07
rock star


08
wild


omitted words below:
02
bomb


03
teen


07
know how


08
surfing


11
cool


13
aim at


14
change


15
classmate


16
stress


17
grades


18
drugs


19
president


20
hammer


21
pencil




(O) He is in the army.


(O) She is fifteen, but her height is 165cm.
(O) She is fifteen, (but) (yet) her height is already 165cm. -- better


(O) Be honest to your parent.
(O) Be honest to your (mother) (father). -- better
(O) Be honest to your parents. -- better


(X) The picture “Last Supper” is drawn by Leonardo da Vinci
(O) The picture, “The Last Supper”, was drawn by Leonardo da Vinci.
(O) The Last Supper was drawn by Leonardo da Vinci. -- better


(O) After I cogitated, I changed my mind.
(O) After cogitating, I changed my mind.


(O) He is a good surfer.
(O) He surfs well.


(O) How cool the rock star is!
(O) The rock star is so cool!


(X) Those are wild rose.
(O) (Those) (These) are wild roses.
(O) (This) (That) is a wild rose.


















+
+
L&S—D
Unit: 09
Date:
中文名字:
Name:
##
Vocabulary
中文翻譯
##
Vocabulary
中文翻譯
01
fifteen
十五
02
honest
誠實
03
picture
圖畫
04
know how
精華
05
surfing
衝浪
06
surfer
衝浪者
07
rock star
搖滾明星
08
cool

09
wild
野生
10
aim at
瞄準
11
change
改變
12
classmate
同學
13
stress
壓力
14
grades
分數
15
drugs
毒品
16
president
總統
17
hammer
鐵鎚
18
pencil
鉛筆
omitted words below:
01
army


02
bomb


03
teen








05
(O) Katie is surfing at the beach this morning.
(O) This morning, Katie is surfing at the beach.
(O) This morning at the beach, Katie is surfing.
06
(O) All day, the surfers play in the ocean.
(O) The surfers play in the ocean all day (long).
(O) The surfers have been playing in the ocean throughout the whole day.
03
(O) She is painting a picture of the beautiful countryside.
(O) She is painting a beautiful picture of the countryside.
13
(X) My headache may be by stress.
(O) My headache may be caused by stress.
(O) My headache may be stress-related.
(O) My headache may be due to stress.
(O) Stress might be causing my headache.
(O) Stress may be the cause of my headache.
16
(O) We elect our president every four years.
02
(X) You may trust that man, because he is honest.
(O) You may trust that man because he is honest.
(O) Because he is honest, you may trust him.
09
(O) We have to protect wild animals.
(O) Protecting wild animals is our (duty) (responsibility).
11
(X) I have to change clothes before I go to the restaurant.
(O) I have to change my clothes before I go to the restaurant.




















+
+
+

No comments: