Sunday, September 27, 2009

2009/09/26 Saturday—15:30 ~ 17:30 GEPT Basic 英檢基礎班


1. Complete Unit #8 Sharing A Room (pages 19~20).
i) Listen to the MP3 file for this unit.
ii) On your electronic template, word-process the two sentences provided by Paul and Cylinda at the beginning of the unit.
iii) On your electronic template, word-process all of the “listening” vocabulary as spelled out by Rain, the Chinese translator.
iv) In your own words, word-process one sentence using each of the “listening” vocabulary contextually on your electronic template.
v) E-mail ii) + iii) + iv) to winstontaiwan@gmail.com no later than 11:59 p.m. on 2009/10/01.
vi) While listening to the MP3 file, pay attention to Paul and Cylinda’s conversation and keep in mind the following questions:
01. Who did Cylinda share a room with?
02. What makes a table different from a desk?
03. What did Cylinda say she ate last night?
04. What will the teachers share?
05. How many words make up the word “bookshelf”?
vii) Give yourself a spelling dictation quiz of the vocabulary list on page 19. Press the link below:
+

+
2. The answer key for today’s hidden picture contains the 24 items listed below:
+
one word:
key (3)
book (4)
shoe (4)
bell (4)
one word:
mallet (6)
mitten (6)
candle (6)
crayon (6)
one word:
radish (6)
pencil (6)
teacup (6)
hammer (6)
one word:
feather (7)
spatula (7)
toothbrush (10)
screwdriver (11)
two words:
safety(6) pin (3)
golf (4) club (5)
two words:
artist’s (7) brush (5)
closed (6) umbrella (8)
two words:
ballpoint (9) pen (3)
magnifying (10) glass (5)
three words:
slice (5) of pie (3)
slice (5) of cake (4)
+
+
+


+
+
L&R—A1
Unit: 07
Date:
中文名字:
Name:
01
(O) I’m not sick. I am healthy
02
(O) My friend is really lucky. He won the lottery.
03
(O) That movie was very funny.
##
Vocabulary
中文翻譯
##
Vocabulary
中文翻譯
01
understand


02
strong


03
lottery


04
tired


05
hungry


06
angry


07
step


08
million


09
share


10
often


11
truth


12
concert


13
ballet








Omitted words below:
03
was


14
grandparents


15
laugh


16
trouble


05
(O) I’m hungry.
01
(X) Dose he understand Japanese?
(O) Does he understand Japanese?
02
(O) He is strong.
13
(O) I like ballet.




















+
+
L&R—A1
Unit: 07
Date:
中文名字:
Name:
01
(X) I am not sick.
(O) I’m healthy.
02
(X) I am healthy.
(O) I’m healthy.
03
(O) My friend is really lucky.
04
(X) He won lottery.
(O) He won the lottery.
05
(O) That movie was very funny.
##
Vocabulary
中文翻譯
##
Vocabulary
中文翻譯
01
understand
了解
02
strong
強壯
03
lottery
樂透
04
tried

05
hungry

06
angry
生氣
07
step

08
million
百萬
09
share
分享
10
truth
真相
11
concert
音樂會
12
ballet
芭蕾舞
13
grandparents
祖父母
14
laugh
大笑
15
trouble
麻煩
16




omitted words below:
03
was


10
often


0114
(X) When you understand the truth, you will feel very laughable.
(O) When you understand the truth, you will laugh.
(O) When you get the joke, you’ll laugh.
03
(X) In the Lotto is an incredible thing.
(O) Winning the lottery is an incredible thing.
(O) Winning the lottery would be incredible.
(O) It is an incredible thing to win the lottery.
(O) To win the lottery is incredible.
(O) It is incredible to win the lottery.
(O) It is incredible if you win the lottery.
05
(X) The baby hungry would angry.
(O) When the baby is hungry, he will be angry.
(O) When the baby is hungry, she will be angry.
07
(X) In Thailand, the elephant foot can step ball.
(O) In Thailand, elephants can step on balls.
(O) An elephant stepped on a ball in Thailand.
(O) In Thailand, I saw an elephant stepping on a ball.
08
(X) If I have one million U.S. dollars. I will buy an apartment in the NEW YORK.
(O) If I have one million U.S. dollars, I will buy an apartment in New York City.
(O) If I had one million U.S. dollars, I would buy an apartment in New York City.
09
(X) Can you share your happy with me?
(O) Can you share your happiness with me?
(O) Would you share your happiness with me?
(O) Can you be happy with me?
11
(O) Mary invited me to his concert. – correct if meaning is clearly understood
(O) Mary invited me to (Jay’s concert).
(O) Mary invited me to her concert.
12
(X) The Swan Lake is a famous ballet.
(O) Swan Lake is a famous ballet.
13
(O) My grandparents live in the mountains.
(O) My grandparents live on (a) (the) (this) (that) mountain.




















+
+
L&R—A1
Unit: 07
Date:
中文名字:
Name:
01
(O) I’m not sick. I’m healthy.
(O) I’m not sick; I’m healthy.
02
(X) My friend is really lucky. he        lottery
(O) My friend is really lucky. He won the lottery.
(O) My friend is really lucky; he won the lottery.
03
(X) That movie is verve funny
(O) That movie is very funny.
##
Vocabulary
中文翻譯
##
Vocabulary
中文翻譯
01
understand


02
strong


03
lottery


04
tired


05
hungry


06
angry


07
step


08
million


09
share


10
often


11
concert


12
(X) ballot
(O) ballet


13
laugh








omitted words below:
03
was


14
grandparents


16
trouble








04
(X) Today was tired.
(O) (I) (He) (She) (Melody) (It) (Lucky) (My dog) (John’s cat) (Frank) was tired today.
(O) Today, (we) (they) (you) (Frank and Melody) were tired.
03
(X) Today my friend lottery.
(O) Today, my friend won the lottery.
(O) My friend won the lottery today.




















+
+
L&R—A1
Unit: 07
Date:
中文名字:
Name:
01
(X) I’m not sick, I’m healthy.
(O) I’m not sick; I’m healthy.
(O) I’m not sick. I’m healthy.
03
04
06
(X) My friend is really lucky, he want lottery.
(O) My friend is really lucky. He won the lottery.
(O) My friend is really lucky; he won the lottery.
08
(O) The movie was very funny.
10
##
Vocabulary
中文翻譯
##
Vocabulary
中文翻譯
01
understand
了解
02
strong
強壯
03
lottery
樂透
04
was


05
tired
疲勞
06
hungry

07
(X) anger
(O) angry
生氣
08
step

09
million
百萬
10
share
分享
11
often
常常
12
truth
事實
13
concert
音樂會
14
ballet
芭蕾
15
grandparents
祖父母
16
laugh
哈哈大笑
17
trouble
麻煩






01
(O) Do you understand this question?
02
(O) The basketball player is very tall and strong.
05
(O) She looked very tired.
06
(X) I’m hunger now.
(O) I’m hungry now.
(O) I have hunger now.
08
(X) Don’t step the flower spears on the ground! In botany, a “spear” is the slender stalk of the asparagus plant. For other plants, we refer to “spears” as “shoots” or “buds”.
(O) Don’t step on the flower shoots!
(O) Don’t step on the flower buds!
13
(X) Do you want to go hard a concert with me?
(O) Do you want to go to the concert with me?
(O) Would you like to go to the concert with me?
14
(X) The ballet is one of dances.
(O) Ballet is one of many dances.
(O) Ballet is a kind of dance.
(O) Ballet is a type of dance.
(O) Ballet is a dance style.
15
(X) I will go see grandparents this weekend.
(O) I will go to see (my) (his) (her) grandparents this weekend.























No comments: