Saturday, March 21, 2009

2009-03-21, U19, E

L&R Book B, Part 2

Unit: 19

Date: 98.3.21

中文名字:

English Name:

#

Vocabulary

中文翻譯

 

01

tie

領帶

(X) I bought a tie to my dad last year.

(O) I bought a tie for my dad last year.

(O) Last year, I bought my dad a tie.

02

delicious

美味的

 

03

surprise

驚喜

(O) Close your eyes. We have a surprise for you.

04

Taiwanese

台灣人

 

05

curious

好奇的

(O) Many people had a curious mind when they were children.

(O) Many people were curious when they were young.

06

tradition

傳統

 

07

catch

(O) The police caught the man because he was drunk on the road.

(O) The police caught the man because he was a drunk driver.

08

criminal

罪犯

(O) The evil criminal is still in jail.

09

steal

(O) The man stole the child’s toys.

10

suddenly

突然間

 

11

warn

警告

(X) I warn my dog that doesn’t enter the bathroom.

(O) I warned my dog not to enter the bathroom.

 

01

(O) I can’t decide which cookie to eat.

04

(O) I hope nothing bad happens during our trip.

08

(O) Don’t speed when you drive to work.

11

(O) Let’s walk slowly. I’m tired.

(O) Let’s walk slowly; I’m tired.


 Missing words: #4 Taiwanese; #10 taking



No comments: